I’m baaaaack! And it’s time for something completely different. Once a week until my wedding day on January 30th 2016 I’ll be posting a new vlog about my wedding planning experiences. I’ll be covering everything from choosing a photographer (and I have a great one picked out!) to my pathetic attempts at DIY decorations. I wanted to document my wedding in a special way and help brides/grooms-to-be in the process. There’s a wealth of wedding information online. It’s a huge business with an overwhelming amount of options. I’m going to do my best to synthesize what I’ve learned and hopefully take the guesswork out of the planning chaos.
This week’s video is all about wedding shows. Here’s what you need to know about the two I attended:
Wedding Palace Bridal Show – http://www.weddingpalace.ca/
– Next show is September 12th and 13th at the Ottawa Convention Centre (AKA Shaw Centre)
– Tickets are $20
– Pros: Easily accessible by public transit; parking in the area isn’t cheap, but you can find free street parking within walking distance of the venue; some vendors will also book rooms at the adjacent Westin Hotel to expand their display space; attached to the Rideau Centre so you have more food/beverage options.
– Cons: If you’ve gone to the Ottawa Wedding Show, chances are already seen many of the vendors.
Ottawa Wedding Show – http://www.ottawaweddingshow.com/
– Next show is on April 18th and 19th at the EY Centre
– Cons: The EY Centre is not the easiest to access by public transit, and parking on-site costs $8 for the day.
– While I certainly didn’t have an unpleasant experience at this show, I felt like the Wedding Palace Bridal Show had more vendors, more variety, and was generally a more comfortable event.
Next week I talk about our venue and overall plan for “the big day.” Subscribe to my YouTube channel and blog so you don’t miss an update.